New property management software to make your lives easier
As is the case with almost any new technology, we are experiencing a few minor hick-ups as we adjust to our new property management software system. But rest assured we are on top of it and you will soon experience the many benefits this system is capable of. Just to recap on some of those benefits (outlined in full in our August newsletter):
- You get to see more of what goes on behind the scenes, including the ability to preview and approve your online ads before they’re made public
- Easy access to your statements and invoices anywhere, any time at the click of a mouse
- The ability to scan documents like insurance policies into the system so you’ll never be caught out should something happen to your property (see our insurance reminder story)
- More online information available for your tenants, allowing them to be better organized with payments etc.
In the meantime, if you are missing any statements, please get in touch with us by phone or email and we’ll get it to you immediately. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the system upgrade and really appreciate your patience while we sort it out.
Timely reminder to check your insurance policies
Last month we had the unfortunate news that one of the investment properties we manage burned down. This is the first time we have experienced significant fire damage to one of our properties. The news serves as a timely reminder to recommend that you check your insurance policies to ensure they are current and adequate.
Landlord Insurance is an option you may wish to consider. Why would you want to take out Landlord Insurance? For starters, Landlord Insurance will cover (among other things, depending on the policy):
- Loss of rent in case of a fire or other form of damage that renders the property uninhabitable
- The cost to replace carpet, blinds, fixtures and fittings.
Insurance options can be confusing, especially when it comes to insuring a rental property. The bottom line is, it’s all about peace of mind. Speak to an independent insurance consultant to determine the best protection for your property and circumstances. We always recommend a specialist landlord policy for full complete cover.
New team member
As we reported last month, Laetitia has been promoted to Property Manager. As a result, she left some big shoes to fill. We are delighted to welcome Angela to the team to take on Laetitia’s former role of Property Officer. Angela is a recent Passmores Business College graduate who has a real passion for real estate and a keen eye for detail. We look forward to her settling in and becoming a valued member of the team.
We also welcome Vanessa as our part time leasing agent. Vanessa has been working casually in our office for a number of months assisting with some administration tasks and will now join our team permanently as a part time leasing agent.
After 7 years working with us, Danielle is moving on to explore some new options in life starting with a trip to the USA later this year. Danielle has been a real asset to the team and, while we will miss her, we wish her safe travels and all the very best for her future.