Routine inspections of your rental property are conducted to ensure the property is being maintained in accordance with the terms in your Residential Tenancy Agreement and also to determine if there are any maintenance issues or repairs that need to be brought to your landlord’s attention.
At Home Specialist Property Management, we conduct inspections at the following intervals:
- An ingoing inspection prior to you moving in
- 8 weeks after moving in
- 3 or 6 monthly depending on the requirements of the landlord
- An outgoing inspection on completion of the tenancy
We will always give you at least 7 days written notice prior to conducting a periodic inspection of your rental property. The following information has been prepared to assist you to prepare for a periodic inspection.
- Your property is very clean and tidy throughout with any stains removed from carpets, walls and doors
- All cupboards, shelves, drawers and benches are cleaned
- Your cooktop, griller, oven and exhaust fans are cleaned
- Windows and sills are cleaned inside and outside where possible
- All garbage, bottles and rubbish are removed from the premises
- The garage and/or storeroom is clean and tidy
- Bathrooms and toilets are thoroughly cleaned
- Lawns and edges are trimmed and gardens weeded, if applicable.
- Please also ensure any pets (if you are permitted pets) are secured on the day of the inspection and that you provide us with a list of any outstanding maintenance or issues you would like us to inspect and report to the landlord.