There’s something about warm weather that inspires a good spring clean.
Maybe it’s the brighter sunlight that shows up the dirt, dust and mildew that tends to accumulate over winter that has many of us reaching for our cleaning products. Or perhaps its just a feeling of wanting to renew and refresh or the knowledge that visitors are expected over the summer holidays that are the main motivating factors. Whatever the reason, for those of you who miss the traditional annual spring clean last season, summer is the perfect time to spruce up your home and get it ready for the arrival of visitors over the holidays. The added bonus as a tenant is that your home will also be ready for your next routine inspection.
- Clean your curtains and blinds
- Wash the windows and window frames
- Have the carpets steamed or dry cleaned
- Replace the batteries on your smoke alarms if you haven’t already done so in the last 6 months
- Tidy up the garden
- Ensure the roof and gutters are free of leaf litter (also an important measure to make sure your home is bushfire ready)
If you require any repairs on your rental property managed by Home Specialist Property Management, simply complete our online Repair Request Form.