Selecting A Property Manager
When you’re looking for a real estate property management company to represent your interests in an investment property it’s important to have confidence in the company you choose.
To select the best real estate property management company to suit your specific requirements, it pays to ask some key questions. Much like a job interview, your task is to find the right person for the job. Remember, not all real estate Property Managers are the same and the difference between a good real estate Property Manager and a mediocre one could make a dramatic difference to your outlook for long-term financial gain.
The key questions to ask
- Can you give me some references from existing landlords?
- Will I have a single point of contact at your office?
- How much experience do you have?
- How do you determine what my rental property is worth in terms of rental return?
- What happens if my Property Manager is sick or on holidays?
- How often is the rental return re-assessed?
- How will you advertise my rental property?
- What process do you follow to screen a tenant?
- How often will you communicate with me and how will this be done?
- What accounting practices do you follow and how often are funds remitted?
- What is your process for handling necessary repairs and maintenance?
- Do you only work with licensed and insured contractors?
- Will you contact me before any work is carried out?
- How often do you inspect the rental property once tenanted?
- What process do you follow if a tenant falls into arrears?
- What if a tenant pulls out of a lease early and my rental property becomes vacant?
Contact us and discover why we’re the Central Coast’s leader in residential real estate property management.