Can I hang pictures on the walls?
You must get written permission from the landlord if you wish to hang any pictures on the walls or make any improvements.
How can I pay my rent?
At Home Specialist Property Management our aim is to make life as simple as possible for you. There are 3 easy payment methods to select from:
Direct Debit or manual payment
How much is the bond?
The bond is 4 weeks rent.
How much notice do I need to give to vacate?
- 14 days notice prior to the end of the lease, or
- 21 days if the lease has expired.
How much notice will you give me before an inspection?
- 7 days written notice for a general inspection
- 2 days written notice to assess the need for any work relating to health and safety or view other necessary repairs.
How much rent in advance do we need to pay?
You are required to pay 2 weeks rent in advance.
What do we do if repair or maintenance work is needed at the property?
All requests for maintenance are required in writing or by email. Repair requests must be submitted on a Property Repair Request Form. For emergency repair requests after business hours please refer to your lease for instructions and emergency contact details.
When can I collect the keys and move in?
You are welcome to collect the keys once the bond and rent in advance have been paid and the lease has commenced. Your tenancy will begin with an induction conducted by your Home Specialist Property Manager. This induction will go through:
- The terms and conditions of the Tenancy Agreement,
- Our policy on rental arrears,
- Your responsibilities as a tenant, and
- The expectations of the tenancy.
The induction will conclude with the signing of the lease.